This is a Blog to detail my exploits in knitting and my yarn addiction. In particular it will detail my crafty creations from the worlds of knitting and sewing.

Tuesday, 4 December 2007

Xmas Knitting

In The Wool Basket:

From Monster Knits I have:
100g of Worsted weight Purewool in Mud Princess, ~50g of DK BFL in Kai, 200g of Treliske in 'Misty Morning', 100g of Aran BFL in 'Ocean Dreams' (Aqua blue and greys), 100g of Aran BFL in 'Purple Strands', 200g of Aran BFL in Plum Tree (Plums and greens) with 50g Plum for feature colour, 7 mini-skeins (50g) of Treliske wool in Kelly Green (to match JJ Christmas Tweed), Pink, Turquoise (to match Ocean dreams), dark purple (to match Misty morning) and Chocolate and Navy (both to match Kai) to be used for cuffs and waistbands.

From Jolly Jumbuck I have:
100g of MINERVA (DK BFL) in 'Enchanted Eggplant', 100g of Christmas Tweed in DEMETER (Treliske 8 ply)

From the NZ Wool Company I have:
200g each of Utiku 8 Ply Multi Colours in Gems, Watermelon, Boysenberry and the Chocolate brown colourways.

From Bendigo Woolen Mills I have:
200g balls of 100% cotton in Lemon Drop, Heather, Lilac, Damask Rose, Light Teal, Snow, Latte. 400g of Colonial 8 Ply 100% wool in Camelia to be used for dying.

From Baa Bums I have:
400g of 4 Bags Full 8 PLy Merino, natural to be used for dying.

Wooly Mail on it's way:

Jolly Jumbuck
250g of ATHENA - 150g of Retro Prince with 50g of Chocolate and 50g of Turquoise to match, 200g of VENUS -150g of Bird of Paradise with 50g of mid/dark Purple to match.
75g VENUS - 25g Splish Splash and 50g of purple to match.

Yarn Cafe
100g single ply merino worsted weight in 'Walker' with 50g of merino worsted weight in a green to match
100g BFL DK in 'Merman' with 50g Treliske in Aqua/Turquoise to match
100g 4BF in 'Tannenbaum'

Recently Finished Projects (most recent to oldest):

Cady's Xmas Curly Purly Soaker



This was knit using the curly purly pattern and 100g of JJ Lucinda 12 ply in the Yule Log colourway. I knit it using 3mm and 4mm needles for the waistband and 5mm needles for the body.

Splish Splash Snapdragon Soaker



Stripey Culy Purly



This was knit using the curly purly pattern and of JJ Lucinda 12 ply in the Yule Log colourway. I knit it using 3mm and 4mm needles for the waistband and 5mm needles for the body.

On the Needles:

Treliske LTK soaker



This was knit using the LTK original soaker pattern. I used treliske I had in light purple, dark purple and natural colours and 3mm and 4mm needles. I really wanted to try and get the hang of doing stipes when knitting in the round. I think I managed to do it pretty well in this one. All I have left to do is the leg cuffs.

1 comment:

Austysmum said...

WOOOOOOOWW!!! That's a lot of wonderful wools, but what I can't get over is how you manage to make so many nappy covers! Amazing work, and so quick! I feel like a snail in comparison ;)