This is a Blog to detail my exploits in knitting and my yarn addiction. In particular it will detail my crafty creations from the worlds of knitting and sewing.

Monday, 10 December 2007

More Xmas Knitting

In The Wool Basket:

From Monster Knits I have:
100g of Worsted weight Purewool in Mud Princess, ~50g of DK BFL in Kai, 200g of Treliske in 'Misty Morning', 100g of Aran BFL in 'Ocean Dreams' (Aqua blue and greys), 100g of Aran BFL in 'Purple Strands', 200g of Aran BFL in Plum Tree (Plums and greens) with 50g Plum for feature colour, mini-skeins (50g) of Treliske wool in Pink, Turquoise (to match Ocean dreams), dark purple (to match Misty morning) and Chocolate and Navy (both to match Kai) to be used for cuffs and waistbands.

From Jolly Jumbuck I have:
100g of MINERVA (DK BFL) in 'Enchanted Eggplant', 250g of ATHENA - 150g of Retro Prince with 50g of Chocolate and 50g of Turquoise to match, 200g of VENUS -150g of Bird of Paradise with 50g of mid/dark Purple to match, 75g VENUS - 25g Splish Splash and 50g of purple to match.

From the NZ Wool Company I have:
200g each of Utiku 8 Ply Multi Colours in Gems, Watermelon, Boysenberry and the Chocolate brown colourways.

From Bendigo Woolen Mills I have:
200g balls of 100% cotton in Lemon Drop, Heather, Lilac, Damask Rose, Light Teal, Snow, Latte. 400g of Colonial 8 Ply 100% wool in Camelia to be used for dying.

From a swap with Sue I have:
200g of Anchor Magicline Cotton in 8 Ply, 100g of Secret Squirrel 22 Micron Merino, in a berry (pink/purple) colourway.

Here are some piccies of my favourites:







Wooly Mail on it's way:

Yarn Cafe
100g single ply merino worsted weight in 'Walker' with 50g of merino worsted weight in a green to match
100g BFL DK in 'Merman' with 50g Treliske in Aqua/Turquoise to match
100g 4BF in 'Tannenbaum'

On the Needles:

Kirra's Sundress
This one is taking alot of fiddling but hopefully it will be worthwhile. I started off using 3.75 and 4.00 mm needles for this and lemon drop and damask rose BWM cotton. The colours didn't quite match up and my ribing was disgraceful! Here is a piccie of what that looked like:

I've now changed to light teal and damask rose BWM cotton. I've altered the pattern to suit Kirra's measurements and my gauge. I've also decided to play around with the bodice of that pattern. I have made the straps wider, the bodice panel wider and longer. Hopefully this will lead to the armholes being higher than in the original pattern as I want Kirra to be able to wear this without needing a t-shirt underneath. Here are most recent piccies:


Recently Finished Projects (most recent to oldest):

Gabby's Xmas Shorties

These were knit in medium size using the Wooly Weaver pattern (adapted slightly) and 3.5 and 4.5mm needles. I used JJ Christmas Tweed in Demeter (treliske) for the body and MK treliske in Kelly Green for the waistband and cuffs. They will make a good xmas pressie :)


Front


Back

Xmas Basketweave Headband for Me
I used the left over JJ Christmas Tweed in Demeter (treliske) and a pattern I found on Ravelry. I used 34 repeats of basketweave pattern (plus increases and decreases) and a 12" cord. Here is the pattern: http://carissaknits.blogspot.com/2007/06/basketweave-headband.html

1 comment:

Cinders xo said...

Aww Kath, some beautiful yarn there!! I've been so good not buying lately.... but looking at your stash is tempting me to buy more!! LOL