This is a Blog to detail my exploits in knitting and my yarn addiction. In particular it will detail my crafty creations from the worlds of knitting and sewing.

Saturday, 9 June 2007

Sewing Update

I got stuck on my Curly purly waistbands and had to find another project so I have been sewing up a storm the last few days.

For others:
I made an 'intro to cloth set' for a friends baby shower today. I made 6 NB/S prefolds, 4 were Flanelette (2,6,2), and 2 were flanelette & terry (2 pieces of flanelette with a soaker made of 2 pieces of terry inside). I also made her 2 flanelette/terry wipes (25x25) to match and gave her a Bummis NB cover plus some other new BB wipes I had bought. They turned out pretty well, but I forgot to take a photo unfortunately.

For me :
I had previously made 2 boosters out of my bamboo fleece plus 2 bamboo fold-ups (all 2 thick, fleece side out). These turned out with a very stretched edge and I was quite dissapointed at the time. I have since given these another hot wash and dry and they seem to be less stretched out now. This has given me more confidence sewing with stretchy material and I am nearly ready to start working with the bamboo again. I thought I might try making some prefolds next week using my new bamboo terry.

I have also been making some prefolds and wipes for bub with flanelette and terry. So far I have made prefolds, 4 Flanelette/terry and 4 flanelette (all with 2x terry soaker pads inside). The wipes have all been flanelette (2 thick) so far (6 in total), but I am going to try some more flanelette/terry soon though.

No comments: