From Monster Knits I have:
- 100g of 8Ply in 'Meadow' (different shades of green)
- 100g of 10 BFL Aran in 'Ocean Dreams' (Aqua blue and greys) and 'Fresh' (light greens and pink/puples), 200g of Plum Tree (Plums and greens) with 50g Plum for feature colour
- 100g of Treliske organic 8 Ply in Berry Fuschia and 3 mini-skeins (50g) of Treliske wool in Green (to match Meadow), Purple and Pink (to match Berry Fuschia) to be used for cuffs and waistbands.
- On order - 250g of 8Ply BFL which will be coloured in a purple/green/grey colourway yet to be decided.
From Jolly Jumbuck I have coming:
- 100g of ARTEMIS (Wendy Dennis Polwarth 8ply) in the colourway 'Emily Rose'.
From Suzannes House of Wool:
- 200g 8 Ply merino in Bushdance colourway with 50g ball of contrast colour burgundy.
Recently Finished Projects (most recent to oldest):
These are bubs newly finished Curly Picky Pants and Curly Picky Capris. I had alot of trouble getting these right but I am very pleased with the result. A BIG Thanks to Irene and Shara from NC who gave me alot of help converting the patterns so they could be combined effectively.
Newborn Longies – Curly Purly waistband on Picky Pants
These longies are knitted in the round on 4.5mm circular needles with 3.5mm & 4mm circular needles for the Curly Purly waistband. I used 100g (152m) of 'Marilyn' 10 Ply superwash Merino from Live2Knit in the Tutti Frutti colourway. The colours remind me of fruit tingles LOL!
I did the PP short rows and added width to the waist to allow for growth. For the cuffs of the longies I used part of a crochet headband design by Tracey of 'Desert Rose Designs'. I had some wool left so I made a beanie with crochet flowers that match those I put on the pants.
Back View and Cuff close up
Front view
Small Capris - Curly Purly waistband on Picky Pants Capris
These longies are knitted in the round on 4.5mm circular needles with 3.5mm & 4mm circular needles for the Curly Purly waistband. I used 100g of Aran weight BFL from Monster Knits in the Sienna colourway.
I did the 3 single CP short rows and added width to the waist to allow for growth. For the cuffs of the longies I did picot edging. To embellish I used 3 colours of tapestry wool to crochet some flowers. I used large 6 petal flowers, medium 5 petal flowers and small 4 petal flowers.
I had some wool left over so I made a headband to match as well. The design for this came from Tracey of 'Desert Rose Designs'. I may add some flowers to this once I am sure the circumference is correct.

No comments:
Post a Comment