This is a Blog to detail my exploits in knitting and my yarn addiction. In particular it will detail my crafty creations from the worlds of knitting and sewing.

Monday, 28 May 2007

Knitting Update

I have been very busy knitting and I have ordered a heap of new wool.

In The Wool Basket:
- From Monster Knits I have 100g of 8Ply in Meadow (different shades of green), 100g of 10 BFL Aran in Sienna (yellows and pinks) and Ocean Dreams (Aqua blue and greys), 200g of Plum Tree (Plums and greens) with 50g Plum for feature colour. I also have on order 250g of 8Ply BFL which will be coloured in a purple/green/grey colourway yet to be decided.

- From Live2Knit I have also ordered some 10 Ply Marilyn wool in the Tutti Fruity colourway.

Recently Finished Projects (most recent to oldest):

LTK Picky Pants in newborn size - These longies are knitted in the round on 5mm circular needles with 4mm circular needles for the ribbed waistband. I used the ultra-soft Cleckheaton Merino Supreme 10 ply. The colour is not beautiful but at least it is unisex for any future bubs to use as well. Unfortunately it is the same colour as our carpet so I won't be making any crawler size ones from this wool...the baby would be well camauflaged LOL! I did both increases and wrapped short rows (my first time) for the bottom and ribbing for the leg ends. I added an inch to the length given in the pattern just in case bubs is long. The ribbing can be folded up easily though so it won't matter if she's not. I still have to make the i-cord for these longies. I am deciding whether to use another colour and do some embroidery as well. Some giraffes or lions would look pretty cool on this colour longies.

LTK Picky Pants in small size - These longies are knitted in the round on 4mm circular needles with 3.25 circular needles for the ribbed waistband. I used the knitters pack I got from 'Suzanne's House of Wool' for this project. The wool is 100% Merino 8 Ply. I adjusted the pattern for 8 Ply by upsizing (using the large stitch requirements) on the advice of some knitters from nappycino. I think it worked out okay for sizing...Can't be sure until bubs tries them really. I did only increases for this version so the bum won't be huge, she will have to use these longies during the day with less bulky nappies. I added an inch to the length given in the pattern and finished the legs with seed stitch so they can be cuffed if needed.

Punk Knitters Soaker in Newborn size - This soaker is knitted in the round (my first time doing this). I used the left over purple variegated wool (see below) and some Lincraft Cosy Wool 8 ply in grey for the legs and i-cord. I enjoyed using this pattern, it was very easy, very cute and I will make more if it fits bubs well.


LTK Ribby Wrap in Medium size - This wrap is knitted flat on 5mm needles. I used my custom order of purple variegated 10 ply merino wool from 'Susanne's House of Wool' for this one. I haven't put all the buttons on yet, only the top row. I am waiting until bubs fits it and then I will locate them based on her.

No comments: