This is a Blog to detail my exploits in knitting and my yarn addiction. In particular it will detail my crafty creations from the worlds of knitting and sewing.

Monday, 2 April 2007

Second Soaker Attempt with Embellishments!

Recently Finished Projects:

Warm Hearted Woolies Simple Wrap in small size -
This is my 2nd knitted soaker. This one is an adjustable wrap that uses Velcro HTH and Loop 2000 sewn on the front to attach it. My stitch ratio was spot on so I used 8 Ply Cosy Wool (100% wool), 4 1/2mm needles for the body and 4mm needles for the ribbing. I embroidered the back of the cover using the instructions from the Llamajama website. I used Cleckheaton Bambino Merino 4 ply in a variety of colours for the embroidery. I got just a little carried away here LOL.

I think it looks pretty cute but it will most likely be used for a cover during the day as it is not super thick. I have some more of this wool in a lilac colour so I will try another one later on in a different size using this same pattern.

1 comment:

Tanya said...

wow, so pretty and peaceful! love it.