This is a Blog to detail my exploits in knitting and my yarn addiction. In particular it will detail my crafty creations from the worlds of knitting and sewing.

Tuesday, 22 April 2008

April Knitting

New developments:
I have decided to open a WAHM shop to sell my knitted clothing for NB-2year bubbies. I will be selling from another blog I have set up to start with and later joining one of the WAHM Malls. I will be selling in-stock items as well as offering customs for some items. I will be stocking TiKKi dresses, Seamless Baby Kimono's and Seamless Kimono Sweater's using Jacki's pattern, some round neck sweaters and sweater dresses I am working on atm (based on another Raveler's patterns with her consent) Wooly Weaver longies and shorties, Curly Purly soakers (and the waistband option for longies/shorties) and items from my own patterns ie shrugs, baby jackets, Swing Coats and Vests. I may also stock the occasional scarf and beanie sets for children.

Custom Orders:
Atm I have a couple of custom orders I am working on. I am working on a couple of soakers for a friend also with some BFL Aran I dyed up. I am in the process of getting a license for Curly Purly Soakers and waistbands. This is the pattern I will be using for these soakers once approval has come though. Here is the dye job for this custom.


I call the variegated colourway Siberian Tiger as it was inspired by an iron-on transfer I have of some tigers with their beautiful white, grey and black coats and vibrant blue eyes.

The other custom is a TiKKI dress in the 1 year size. This will be all black with a picot hem and some variegated flowers around the bottom. here is a progress pic of what I have done so far:


On the Needles:

Night Rainbow Peace Longies
I am making these for DD using a pattern written by one of me fellow Woolaholics members Candice. I am one of the test knitters for her pattern. I am using part of my Easter Yarn Swap from Suey - the Blackberry Ridge yarn in the Night Rainbow colourway from Monster Knits. I also ordered 50g of 3ply worsted in black to use for the waistband and cuffs. I can't wait to get these finished, it has turned decidedly cold here and for little DD doesn't have any longies, only soakers.


Finished Projects for April:

Seamless Baby Shrug
This is a pattern I designed myself. This shrug was the first, the prototype if you may. I knit it in the 6-12 month size for my DD in some Dashing I had dyed deep purple. The pattern is currently being test-knit for me by some friends from Ravelry. I will be making these for the shop and if the pattern is good enough I will also be selling that at a later stage.
Here are some piccies of the shrug in action on DD. Sorry about the face blurring, I can't bear the thought of photo's of her loose on the internet.








Lillypilly TiKKi Dress
This dress was made using some 4BF I dyed and some 8ply Superwash Live2Knit in the 'Lillypilly' colourway. I used 4mm needles and TiKKi's Rainbow dress pattern in my adapted 9-12 month size. I added a picot hem to the bottom and a picot flower to the bodice. I've also added a piccie of the dress worn by my DD. These little dresses are so good for all year round. They look really cute with leggings and a skivvy underneath in winter and a singlet and soaker in summer. I'm going to try one in cotton when Summer comes round too.





Lillypilly Picot Seamless Kimono and Picot Beanie
This Kimono was inspired by two patterns, Louisa Hardings 'Harvey Kimono' and Jacki's 'Seamless Baby Kimono'. Basically I painstakingly melded the two patterns together, using Jacki's seamless top down approach and the stitch counts and shaping from the Harvey Kimono.
I used the Live2Knit 8ply Superwash Lauren in the Lillypilly colourway and 4.5mm needles for this project. This is knit the 12 month size for Cady for this winter.

The beanie is made using the Louisa Harding 'Beanie Hat' pattern (adapted to be knit in the round) in the 12 month size.


Tannenbaum NB Seamless Sweater and NB Beanie
This has been made for my sisters bub, due in August. I used Yarn Cafe 4BF in the Tannenbaum colourway and some Treliske in Chocolate. The pattern used was Jacki's Seamless Kimono Sweater in an adapted newborn size and I used 4.5mm needles. I further adapted the pattern to make it more boyish by continuing the eyelet lace around the entire neckline, excluding the mid-section tie and adding a strip of Chocolate to both the bottom of the body and the arms. I also adapted the arm shaping.
The beanie was knit with the same size needles and same yarn using a pattern I found at Knitting on the Net. I adapted this pattern for 8ply yarn and a 34cm head.



No comments: